23 October 2016

How to make a delicious Pound Cake #GuestBlog

So how is the Sunday shaping up for you all? I am spending this lazy day watching some TV (IndvsNZ match!) & writing this blog. Diwali is a week away and am sure most of you are busy cleaning up your house, making sweets, buying new clothes, jewellery, decorations, isn't it? 

I louve Diwali and there are umpteen reasons to it. One of them being togetherness! It brings family, friends, at one place, enjoying the fun and frolic of the festivities. 

Few weeks back I met my ex-colleague/mentor/amazing friend, Ann. She is brilliant with what she does. Especially baking. I miss those days of my PR stint with her when she would bring us all delicious treats to savour! One of them being this. A Pound Cake!

Today's blog is all about that recipe, a guest blog by my friend! Read on & don't forget to try it :)

--------------------------------------------

As a young kid I was always fascinated with cooking. (I think it had a lot to do with my grandmother; she taught me to make soup). I tried out so many recipes and my family encouraged me; they were just happy to get yummy stuff to eat.

When I moved to Mumbai to work, I felt the need to develop a new hobby. To learn something completely new. I saw a show on TLC on cupcakes (I can't remember the show) and it all looked so yummy and delicious that I figured I could do that as well. So a quick Google search , found a simple cupcake recipe and voila that was the beginning of my baking fascination and journey.

Several years later , I am constantly supported and encouraged by my friends and colleagues and family (again they are just happy to eat yummy stuff).

Thank you Megha for the opportunity to share my story. Megha and I made a pound cake & the recipe is below. They are simple & easy. Do try it and send us some pics as well.

Ingredients: (All should be in equal quantity)
  • Eggs
  • Flour and Cocoa
  • Sugar
  • Butter
  • Vanilla essence- 1tsp
  • Baking Powder- 1 tsp

Method:
  • Sieve the Flour and baking powder 3 times.


  • Cream the butter for 2-3 mins.

  • Slowly add in sugar little at a time creaming the mixture continuously. Do so till the butter-sugar mixture is light and fluffy.
  • Separate the egg yolks and whites.
  • Add the egg yolks and vanilla essence to the butter mixture and mix well.

  • Now beat the egg whites and alternately add egg whites and flour to the butter mixture. 


 
  • Add chocolate chips, nuts as per your requirements.
  • Pour into greased trays. and bake in pre-heated oven 300 degrees. 





 That's it! :)

If you do try out this recipe or have any questions, write to Megha: shrimali.megha4@gmail.com and I will answer them all!




Happy Baking :)

0 comments: