27 October 2013

My reason to pray #PurePrayer

Seems like forever when I started praying. If I think of when and how I started  praying, it will take me back to early school days, when my mother would let me bank to early school days, when she would let me leave home only after offering a small prayer to God in our prayer room.

There are no particular reasons to why I pray; I feel my heart calls for God when it’s sad, angry, and anxious, wants something or simply want to thank for what he has given me – amazing parents, siblings, love, friendship and great education.

Prayer not just brings me close to God but to my inner self too. Prayers purify my thoughts and bring me to peace from within.

Be it morning after getting up or before sleeping at night, I reach out to God. I remember praying for good, results of my exams, health and for wellbeing of my beloved.

I pray when I am down
I pray when things go wrong
I pray when life gives me a reason to smile
I pray when life brings in a new opportunity
I used to pray when I bunked classes to never get caught
I used to pray when mom would leave me home alone to fight against the ghosts in my mind
I pray when my parents are away and all I can think of is their well-being
I pray when my brother or sister is away and I am longing to see them again
I pray when the sun sets down and I long for a beautiful tomorrow
I pray when the morning comes and I thank for beautiful yesterday
I pray when the star shines bright and reminds me of the love of my life.
I definitely have innumerable reasons to pray but often they are for the people whom I love more then myself...

Praying to Goddess Lakshmi is a ritual during Diwali, a festival of lights, the day on which we worship the Goddess of Wealth.

On the first day of Diwali, we have Dhanteras, the most auspicious day for buying Gold or Silver. The day is followed by Choti Diwali and then Badi Diwali where the goddess Lakshmi and Ganesha is worshipped. Beautiful Rangoli is carved out, lots of Diyas and Mithais mark this festival.


Diwali asks for cleanliness, a well-lit home which smells good and this year we would be bringing home the Sampoorna Lakshmi Pooja Pack for the Lakshmi pooja. 


It comes with an instructional booklet and an audio CD to guide us to perform an authentic and traditional Lakshmi pooja at our home or office. It’s a sight when we all are running and searching for Pooja books every year, no more running. With the beautiful and melodious pooja playing in the cd, it’s definitely a complete pooja pack.
It is my entry for the competition Cycle Pure ‘Your Reason To Pray’ contest by Cycle Pure Agarbathies.


Another reason to pray tonight :)
No matter what you are or where you are, everyone on this earth has a reason to pray, do you feel the same?

Do watch this beautiful video :)



Love <3
Megha

0 comments: