04 April 2018

Borderless Love


When I sat down to write about one of the experiences am most passionate about in life, I stopped at the topic. I have attempted to share my cherished moments and lessons learnt from traveling earlier as well but couldn’t do justice to it because there was so much to share and also for the fact that I have hardly travelled much. There are so many destinations to explore that one might want to write and rewrite about each one of them and yet yearn to go back or move to next.

For me, Traveling is not just about checking off another destination from my list. It’s about sharing the same world, albeit different time zones. In many ways, traveling is about rekindling communities, reviving abandoned spaces and stories and simply exploring the world on your own terms and decreasing the distances and borders, one step at a time.

Traveling has helped me look at things, people and situations in a different perspective. One of the things being – a common passion can bring people together. 

I never thought I would live in a hostel, but I did.


PC: The Brown Scooter
When you breathe in an unfamiliar atmosphere or try out a completely new cuisine or getting to know about different cultures – you are letting yourself out of comfort zone and that’s what I love about traveling. It need not be a solo travel to experience such things – it could even be a short trip with friends like the one I had in Jaisalmer where I met this young fellow who sings traditional/Folk songs of Rajasthan to meet the ends of his daily life and cannot afford to go to school since it is far. One day, he wants to earn enough so his family has to suffer less.


Another incident being from the same trip where I met this Airbnb Host who knows more than 7 languages and is yearning to learn more so he can serve his residents in a better way and promote it to a wider audience. If this is not passion, what is?

I never thought I would get to experience Wildlife in a way I had never imagined. But I did. And how!


I still call this moment my 'beginner's luck'
PC: The Brown Scooter
Back home, we are a person made out of the work we do, the family we have, the people we interact with on a daily basis – when traveling – the story is a little different. Traveling has made me much more confident and convey it in a way people can take a cue from and implement in their lives. 




Traveling has taught me to think of the little things in life. I have become conscious about my surroundings, about the people whom I see on a daily basis. It has given me an all new perspective about exploration and inspiration. Which reminds me of this young local man who hosted me and my friends in a desert and made sure his camels and midnight stories make for a great stay. His ultimate goal in life? To visit China with the help of a man from that country he hosted several years back. He comes back to India every year to meet him and take an update on his VISA update (the time I met him, he had got his passport!)

Another fellow whom I met on my trip this year in Uttar Pradesh – a guide who made sure that I get to know each and every single thing about the monument to go back home and write about and share their story with the world, a lady whose idea of traveling is not just about being in one place today and another tomorrow but to stay in different cities and do community service. 

Just because a culture is alien to you doesn't mean you shouldn't give it a chance to explore. People are largely the same; though they speak in a different language in a foreign land, ultimately, their expectations from life are similar to ours.

These are some of the people who make for a cherished memory for me and you will always find me #SayYEStotheWorld for it will always give an opportunity to learn, retrospect, be a more creative person, help me prioritise in life and last but not the least – Live it to the fullest!

Traveling is unpredictable, it can make the world look small one day and the other - vast. But, it is such a rewarding and enriching experience that you will never have to find an excuse to say YES to it. Watch this video to get ready to visit this beauuu-tiful world with Lufthansa!


0 comments: