06 September 2017

From a full time job to being a Freelancer!

It is close to midnight and am writing about one of my recent trips that you will read about on The Brown Scooter soon. I have just come back from a long 8 day South India trip on Saturday.  I got a chance to visit Jaisalmer as well last month. What a pretty city!



August has been quite wonderful - right from Jaisalmer to Ahmedabad, Pune, Bangalore, Chennai, Mahabalipuram, Pondicherry and Coimbatore; cannot thank the life enough.





I had not planned this ages ago though. It just happened one after the other, for some reason or the other. Suddenly after I quit my last full time job and wrote about it. Been quite eventful after the whole notice period phase. Friends have pinged and asked about my whereabouts; some really fascinated with my current life, some genuinely sending across full time job offers. Well to be clear, I am on a break, a break from full time work, have taken up a couple of freelance projects, consulting a wonderful company called SheThePeople.TV and helping my friend build The Digital Brunch, a digital marketing course for everyone!

How has the journey been the past 1 month? Well, there's one thing getting up on a Monday and not go to work. And another to continue to have such Mondays and get used to it. How can one be ready for being a Freelancer or a consultant and not have a full time job?

Here's how. (Basically what I did)

1. Find avenues to keep yourself busy
It can be a hobby or a house chore you want to help your family with on a daily basis - find something which keeps you busy so that you are not lazying around or think of not having a job. Use your skills and earn some money by applying for freelance projects from across the world. (works wonder if you are into writing, social media, digital marketing, teaching, marketing, designing, etc.)

I will be doing a separate blog on how to freelance.

2. Meet your friends
Call the ones you haven't met in a long time and meet them! There's nothing better than catching up on old friends and their stories and discuss what they have been upto all this time.

3. Take a trip!
Actually, this should have been No.1 on my list. And it should say trip(s). I did this and believe me, it helps tremendously. A trip helps you think better, you learn about new cities and culture, you take a step away from the mundane life; what's more to ask?

4. Gain a new skill set
I have recently joined Zumba (because I wanted to lose fat) and the feeling is amazing. You can learn a dance form or try new recipes at home and don the chef hat. Knitting, Calligraphy, Sports, Writing; there's so much to do! Visit - www.thedigitalbrunch.com in case you want to learn Digital Marketing over weekends in Mumbai!

5. Study further
Be it IGNOU or Coursera, there are plenty of courses and subjects to choose from. Pick one and you won't be disappointed!

6. Last but the most important, spend time with your family
From your parents waiting for you to come home even when it was past midnight to your siblings waiting for the weekend to come by, spend time with your family for nothing can beat that!

Stay tuned to know about how one can apply for freelance opportunities and earn while on-a-break in my next blog!

Until then,
Keep travelling,
@WanderlustGirl_

0 comments: