29 December 2013

5 Presents to my Future

I have always seen and experienced best gifts in my entire life so far from my parents. Its not the BIG that they went for but what's WORTHY. I feel the same has gotten into me when it comes to gifting. I believe that gifting is a form of self expression, speaks a lot about 'you' as an individual and also is the base of the relationships many a times. The day when I reach that stage and become a parent to an amazing kiddo ( I hope she/he is as amazing as every kid is :D), would love to gift 5 presents to secure their future :)

5 presents to my future -
1) Present of my Time - 




One can make more money any time of the day but it is the time that they would need to learn to make or save that money. I would give my child the gift of my time. They would need me to hear out their problems, need my time to understand their queries and solve their doubts, they would need my time to learn new things and implement on them, would need my time to figure out the importance of time. The best gift you can ever give is your time because - 
"When you give someone your time, you are giving them a portion of your life that you'll never get back. Your time is your life. That is why the greatest gift you can give someone is your time." (I read this somewhere quite a while back and feel its right there, bang on!)

2) Present of a 'Hobby' - 


With so much of going on the internet space, creative minds are just a click away. Gift your child a reason to inculcate a hobby. A Hobby would not just let them understand themselves more but also make their mind sharp and that's what I would be gifting to my child. My mother has always been into art and craft and father; well he is the one who reads. Their interests have passed on to me and I love to do both of what they do. A hobby by my child's side would not just make him/her to actually do something apart from studies and schooling and let the wings of their imagination - fly; because - "the people with imagination are the ones not just living it, they are creating it."

3) Present of - "Say NO to Stereotyping" -


"Teach them right at the right age and it sticks with them for the rest of their life," My mother says this to me quite a lot of times. I have a younger brother and its an advantage right now to see him growing and see my mother giving the best of gifts to him. One of them is of "Say NO to Stereotyping". One needs to respect women and men equally. I would love to gift my kids this thought that; gender doesn't make someone big or small but their work does. Even a girl can play with an aeroplane while a boy can sometime join her when she plays a kitchen set too. 
Never stereotype on gender, sex, religion, color or race.

4) Present of the best of Culture and Patriotism -


He who is close to his nation is closer to his heart. It is very important to gift your child the best of your family's and country's cultures and the feeling of patriotism. Make him/her proud of the nation they live in. And for that, work for the betterment of it everyday. Because; what we will make of our nation now will be a gift to the generation to follow us. Gift them a nation which speaks Progress, gift them a nation they feel proud about! :)

5) Present of the Importance of Self Respect -


It is important to love and have belief in yourself. Love yourself first for who you are and what you do. I would gift my children the teaching of "importance of self respect" because that's when they'll learn to take pride and value in what they do and what they stand for. and by Self respect its not being egoistic or obsessed by yourself but to value yourself for who you truly are so that the society respects you.
These are some of the gifts I would like to present to my future to secure their future with the best of values and teachings, what about you? Do leave in comments! :)

***
“You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.” 
– Kahlil Gibran





This post is a part of the 1001 Gifts Activity by HDFC Life in association with BlogAdda

0 comments: