29 April 2018

The subtle art of Serendipity

I can hear the waves splashing onto the shore. There are birds chirping in the vicinity. It is probably an early morning. I can also hear cricket in symphony. I can imagine the smell of leaves, freshly covered with morning dew. The grass feels just about right under my feet. 
It's this very moment when I realize I have conveniently managed to forego the reality of this hot and sweaty Mumbai evening and embraced the sounds and feel of this unknown place through my earphones.


I often resort to doing nothing on one day of the week and find myself listening to the sounds of nature, the rain, the forest. It is my way of meditating and cutting myself from the stress. There are umpteen options to choose from online and I haven't found a better therapy in recent times. (apart from an occasional Spa and coloring)

Stress. Exhaustion. Anxiety. Trying to achieve too many things. Trying your best to keep everyone happy. Trying to tick off tasks on your list. It's more than important to find a time out of this. 

Doing overtime ain't an achievement. Neither is being miserable running behind more money for that lavish life. What's an achievement is to find time for yourself, for your family and friends. From the times which are surrounded with the number of likes and shares on your timeline.

Coming from a job which expects me to be on social media almost the entire day has been exhaustive. This subtle art of doing nothing, absolutely nothing promises to be a bliss. Fighting the tendency of tweeting, checking out trending videos, catching up with several amount of posts scrolling through your timeline. 

So when people ask me the next time, what did I do this weekend; I want to say, "absolutely nothing. And yet, it was everything."

Reading a book. Taking a nap. Finding time to talk to your best friend. Finding time to help your mother in the kitchen. Making sure your Dad knows what you are upto. Taking out some time to sketch or simply clean your wardrobe. Asking your brother or sister out on a dinner. Spending time with your love on a slow date. 

Take some time out so you look forward to Monday.
Take some time out so you feel fresher.
Take some time out so you don't feel drained out.
Take some time out so you don't look back and say, "why didn't I?" 
Take some time out and do absolutely nothing to say 
YES to serendipity.

*Itching to sit by a beach in Goa*


0 comments: